Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Baffling Bawdy Broadside

Only at Christmas time it seems we are reamed a new one for attempting to convey greetings of kindness.

Perhaps those attempting to guilt trip over what kinds of Christmas cards people send would prefer not to be sent any Christmas cards at all.

I know some no doubt consider me some kind of moral reprobate since I don't go along with every decree in "Churchianity" just because someone in a clerical collar or holds an established ecclesiastical position hands it down.

But frankly I'd rather receive a card with an artist's tasteful rendition of the Christ Child on it than one where a dog insinuates he's about to cock his leg and piss all over the living room tree.

Don't like my language? Don't get after me.

The cards I send are considerably more sedate.

Take it up with those that are held up as exemplary church leaders who send such cards.

Want to declare me an apostate for telling it like it is, go right ahead.

Usually, I don't have a problem with that kind of humor.

However, I do when there is a hypocrisy involved that sneers down it's nose at those whose faith is not considered as rigorous or straightlaced while mailing something that can't be described as anything other than scatological.

No comments: