Friday, December 22, 2006

Now Your A Bad Christian If You Don't Let Folks Rummage Through Your House

According to Kevin Swanson, now you are a rotten Christian if you don't let neighbors and strangers rummage though your house.

Swanson discusses the issue of hospitality in light of the Christmas season.

As expected, much of this is advocated from an intelligence gathering perspective so that ecclesiastical overseers and the like may gather a dossier as to what the individual under surveillance (er I mean being visited) is like away from more formal settings such as work or church.

I think some evangelist, pastor, or apologist ought to do a series on the neglected "mind your own business doctrine".

Frankly though, if you've had nothing to do with me the remainder of the year, don't bother with me at Christmas time (as well as with funerals and the like) because obviously you are not reaching out in friendship but rather out of some expectation of that I assuage your guilty conscience for treating me like dirt the rest of the time.

by Frederick Meekins

No comments: